It promotes the generation and development of knowledge by supporting individual researchers on the one hand and, on the other, by funding research programmes pursued in laboratories and services primarily located in the universities of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
Based on the sole criterion of scientific excellence, F.R.S.-FNRS provides financial support in several ways, namely by:
- (i) temporarily or permanently remunerating individual researchers;
- (ii) funding research teams;
- (iii) participating in international networks and programmes;
- (iv) allocating scholarships and credits to promote scientific exchange;
- (v) giving out scientific awards.
It thus supports several doctoral students involved in the implementation of the DYNAFAC collective's activities.